Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Did Someone Say Pi?

Here's a link to read about the man who first used the Greek letter π  for the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter.  The Man who Made Pi

(just so you know, in the interest of full disclosure, I looked up what Pi is. I knew it's usually written as 3.14, but had no recollection from school days as to what it means; I am thinking I am not the only one.)

Not This Pye

Anyway, this year's Pi day is unique, and won't happen again for 100 years. March 14, 2015.

Image result for pi day 2015
So I think it is worth noting.  And possibly baking a pie as well. After all, a pie is a circle, so you could go ahead and calculate the Pi of pie before eating it. Yummm!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to bake a pie but could only find very tart and sour berries in my freezer, I would have needed a pound of sugar to make it edible I'm afraid :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow! It was ultimate pi day yesterday and I MISSED IT!